Sunday 19 April 2015

Our President elect

My classes are usually fun, informative, and I usually feel as if I'm in a news room.
I'm doing a Professional Diploma in Education, and most times, all we talk about is what's going on in Nigeria.  For now it's all about our President elect...
One of my lecturers went into details about him and had this to say...
He started with the fact that he knew him a long time ago, and his hobby is horse riding, he's a non-alcoholic, has an healthy diet, has one wife despite the fact that Muslims  usually have more than one, and of course he's a man who usually stands by his word.
He also went on to talk about the things the president elect has set out to do, which includes; culminating corruption in Nigeria (I say a big AMEN to that), and he had asked whoever is owing government money to pay back before his swearing-in(which I heard some are already doing so), replace police checkpoints with patrolling officers (another big AMEN to that), review privatization of PHCN, create jobs, and let's not forget thorough investigation of NNPC. All these he hopes to achieve in four years, since he wants to rule for just one tenure...
Hmm... so many expectations and promises and I can't wait for May 29 cos it seems this country is going to become more exciting.
P.S I don't think I can say all of the above is true, was just quoting what my lecturer said and if course what an old man sees standing... 

No comments:

Post a Comment